Cov Music Scene.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Unsigned launched!

+18
Sean Deluxe
FatChamp
Dewey
Ray
rich_rider
Stan_da_man
shackletons
Kid Icarus
Dale Hermit
Loley
noirvendetta
Sound Foundry
Tone ROC
Mithy DLR
ScholarOfBabylon
Rig
Electric Slim
godiva_dave
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Topic Re: Godiva Unsigned launched!

Post by Dewey Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Havn't been on here for ages but I nearly lost the plot when I saw the Godiva news so I thought I'd check out what the general consensus was.
My main beef with the whole thing is that some of the bands chosen are shit! plain shit! There is no way that an industry professional would have just listened to a track from some of those bands and thought "yeah, they sound good!" Pure shit! Theres some sort of hidden agenda going on. I reckon they have chosen the bands they want to win and filled the rest of the competition with crap to make sure they win.

Dewey
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.myspace.com/sunzoomsparkmusic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dewey Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:10 pm

and why the hell are bands that are playing the isle of wight festival being entered into a local unsigned battle of the bands competition?!!!

Dewey
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.myspace.com/sunzoomsparkmusic

Back to top Go down

Post by rich_rider Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:58 pm

shackletons wrote:why does it say rider are a leicester band? i would never dream of voting anythin involved with that dump. xxx

Ha...three live in Leics, two in Cov. But a while back there were three in cov and two in Leics Godiva Unsigned launched! - Page 3 Icon_lol

rich_rider
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Topic very

Post by FatChamp Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Dewey wrote:and why the hell are bands that are playing the isle of wight festival being entered into a local unsigned battle of the bands competition?!!!

very very very good point!

FatChamp
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale Hermit Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Dewey wrote: I reckon they have chosen the bands they want to win and filled the rest of the competition with crap to make sure they win.

Gotta fill their quotas and tick their demographics, this is a fact and has been in previous years, heard it first hand from previous judges.
Dale Hermit
Dale Hermit
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

http://www.kinghermit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shackletons Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:54 pm

ello dewey! x

shackletons
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Deluxe Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:53 pm

I agree with all of you guys, the godiva is loosing its heart.

"Coventry music festival" focus on the word Coventry we all know that argument, also music festival, since the jobsworths twats have been walking around with decibel meters etc.. I have seen em, 90 db limit or whatever it is, you cant even have your amps up, and one year I remember the drums were turned OFF on the desk because they were worried about volume.

So even if you did get to play, its too quiet for me, you should feel the music in your body as well as your ears at a festival.

Also you can't drink a fucking can of lager anymore..what the fuck is all that about, music you can hardly hear, not allowed to bring a can or 2, spoils it all really, too many jobsworths around in my opinion.

Fair play to the lads doing the KERESLEY FESTIVAL, lets all support them as much as we can

Sean Deluxe
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mofo Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Sean Deluxe wrote:you should feel the music in your body as well as your ears at a festival.

Love that quote!

Mofo
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:49 am

its life as normal at CV Towers, tweets stating the heats start Sunday, official announcements full of holes, no reply to mails requesting a meeting.

I give up, Birmingham you are welcome to Godiva.

such a shame and a sad loss to our community.

Rig
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mofo Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:42 am

Another outrageous thing I've heard is that Redfoot aren't even a band anymore and none of the members know anything about being submitted for it. They have since been removed from the line up.

The request for 'more variety' in the Godiva Unsigned competition amazes me. The 4 finalists last year were 4 new bands. We did however seen Pint Shot Riot for the third(?) year on the trot 'on merit' and how many times have 80's matchbox played?!

It's all nonsense!

Mofo
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:04 am

indeed, its so much nonsense that i had to pull myself away from it all to stop it doing my head in so much. i tend to get carried away so had to take a step back.

wouldn't be surprised to see PSR feature this year too, although with Krissy and co programming a few bands straight after the top 4 godiva bands then there might not be enough time prior to the main signed headliners.

Rig
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Slim Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:48 am

Everyone get down the Dole club on the Friday of Godiva
Electric Slim
Electric Slim
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:08 pm

did i read right that idle playthings have been drafted into one of the brum heats?

Rig
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Slim Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Thats correct.
Electric Slim
Electric Slim
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Searles Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Just had a look at the heats again and notice Garfield Mayor is in the first heat, was he always in there?

And I see that Arabella, one of the cov bands has this myspace www.myspace.com/redfootbandsite which looks like a cock up.

I see there is another tbc aswell at Taylor Johns, hopefully CV1 will continue their backtracking and offer it to another Cov/Warks band.
Dan Searles
Dan Searles
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

http://www.dansearles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:44 am

Garfield was drafted in for the Cov covers band i believe

nice to see Idle Playthings drafted in then, fingers crossed they can take an army over to Brummingham and get through the heat.

Rig
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Foundry Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:49 am

We should be recruiting that army here and on Facebook. It's a hell of a disadvantage for them if we can't get a decent audience there to MAKE SURE they get through for COV & WARKS.

Let's all go to Brum and CLAIM it back!!
Sound Foundry
Sound Foundry
Admin
Admin

http://www.thesoundfoundry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:11 am

they will need at least 40-50 bods to vote, i know two of the bands in that heat (At The Zoo and Black Fangs) and both will go over with a fair few bods. Also, if the voting is 1-5 on all bands rather than just one vote per person then i imagine those two bands will vote each other 1/2 as they all hang out in the same crew

so yeah, would be nice to see a sky blue army transcend onto the flapper for this heat. double edge sword though, didn't want to do a brum heat out of principal but now theres a cov band in amongst it my views have swayed slightly.

Rig
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mofo Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:17 am

Could all wear CVone Cov NIL tshrits too!

Mofo
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Foundry Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:35 am

Yeah. That pic was taken off the facebook page - any idea why? It was just a joke - I wouldn't sell them for profit.
Sound Foundry
Sound Foundry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Foundry Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:40 am

How about this one......

Godiva Unsigned launched! - Page 3 St200010
Sound Foundry
Sound Foundry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Idle Dan L Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:26 am

So yeah, I got a phone call on Friday saying that one of the bands dropped out and asking us if we wanted to play. Didn't get a confirmation call until yesterday morning. The birmingham heat was the only one on offer, but it a strange way I think we prefer the challenge and the opportunity to play such a popular venue. Saying that, I think we could do with all the support we can muster.

So if anyone does fancy coming supporting us we're playing at the Flapper and Firkin on the 9th of May. Doors are at 1:00pm and the first band is on at 1:30pm. only people arriving before 1:30 will be allowed to vote.

If you're undecided, or you question whether we're any good you can come and check us out at Rosie Malones one the 1st of May. 4quid in. I had a look at the poster on the door of Rosie's the other day and it said that you get free entry and queue jump at the colly too. We'll definately be heading there afterwards.

If I'm honest I wasn't sure what peoples attitude would be or if people were boycotting the whole thing, but every little bit of support helps.

Would someone be able to send me a link to the facebook group? It may help in drumming up some support.

cheers guys

Idle Dan L
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.myspace.com/idleplaythings

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Foundry Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:47 am

Front page under "CVOne Snubs Local Talent"
Sound Foundry
Sound Foundry
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScholarOfBabylon Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:25 am

Idle Dan L wrote:So yeah, I got a phone call on Friday saying that one of the bands dropped out and asking us if we wanted to play. Didn't get a confirmation call until yesterday morning. The birmingham heat was the only one on offer, but it a strange way I think we prefer the challenge and the opportunity to play such a popular venue. Saying that, I think we could do with all the support we can muster.

So if anyone does fancy coming supporting us we're playing at the Flapper and Firkin on the 9th of May. Doors are at 1:00pm and the first band is on at 1:30pm. only people arriving before 1:30 will be allowed to vote.

If you're undecided, or you question whether we're any good you can come and check us out at Rosie Malones one the 1st of May. 4quid in. I had a look at the poster on the door of Rosie's the other day and it said that you get free entry and queue jump at the colly too. We'll definately be heading there afterwards.

If I'm honest I wasn't sure what peoples attitude would be or if people were boycotting the whole thing, but every little bit of support helps.

Would someone be able to send me a link to the facebook group? It may help in drumming up some support.

cheers guys

I put you a little advert and a link to your tunes up on the page chap, always wanna help out the locals like
ScholarOfBabylon
ScholarOfBabylon
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

http://www.reverbnation.com/scholarofbabylon

Back to top Go down

Post by Idle Dan L Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:29 am

Cheers Martin. I'm currently in the process of knocking together a facebook event. As soon as I work out this computer magic I'll try putting a link on there.

Idle Dan L
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.myspace.com/idleplaythings

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next