Cov Music Scene.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keresley Rock Festival - Sat 18th July

+23
blitzsounds
the slave
deadfilmstar chris
Mofo
Mr Chainsaw
Mithy DLR
Martin
mr stuart
markyg
Near Dark
Chris Johnson
Jake Mendham - FOTP
Smokey
Admin
Jim
Dan Searles
Sephiroth
Rig
dicko
Dale Hermit
Ciaran
Kid Icarus
Sound Foundry
27 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Topic Re: Keresley Rock Festival - Sat 18th July

Post by Dale Hermit Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:01 am

drunk dan wrote:
Dale Hermit wrote:
freyne wrote:Would have been nice to see a band from Keresley!

Do you have anyone in mind per chance?
Are there any bands from Keresley?

Yes, one comes to mind, begins with N and ends in ear Dark.
Dale Hermit
Dale Hermit
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

http://www.kinghermit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mithy DLR Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:13 am

Its nice that there fan has signed up
Mithy DLR
Mithy DLR
Groupie
Groupie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Foundry Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:09 pm

freyne wrote:Would have been nice to see a band from Keresley!

Yes, it would have been a nice touch to see a very local band on the line up, playing to a real 'home' crowd. Unfortunately, at the time this thing was booked up we didn't have any on our radar so to speak.

I'm only aware of (now) Near Dark from Keresley, but if you're aware of any others we should maybe have looked at too, shout up.
Sound Foundry
Sound Foundry
Admin
Admin

http://www.thesoundfoundry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mr stuart Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:33 pm

cheers for all the advice on getting the better sound, i'll be honest, a lot of its gone straight over my head! But maybe we could use the whole turn down thing, the thing is we'd have to then get the monitors really blasting out, you can't get into it and throw rock shapes if you can just hear it really quiet, the whole point of being in a band is to be blasting out the tunes and letting yourself go nuts to it surely. Certainly worth looking into though I suppose, cheers again

mr stuart
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by blitzsounds Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:52 pm

mr stuart wrote:cheers for all the advice on getting the better sound, i'll be honest, a lot of its gone straight over my head! But maybe we could use the whole turn down thing, the thing is we'd have to then get the monitors really blasting out, you can't get into it and throw rock shapes if you can just hear it really quiet, the whole point of being in a band is to be blasting out the tunes and letting yourself go nuts to it surely. Certainly worth looking into though I suppose, cheers again

Understand the fear but on a festival set up there should be no excuse for quiet monitoring. Reasonable quality pro monitors should be used and that means the only thing that should be needed to be voiced mid set is slight changes ie, guitar a lil down or vox a lil up. It's perfectly acceptable to have ask the engineer for a different level on something esp when no sound check has been had. On a reasonable sized stage monitors should be paired too which will allow them to be louder. (Ie every member has 2 mons - esp if a high volume is going to be required) as mics directly in front of a monitor, even when facing away will feedback at relatively low volumes. Glad the comments have helped. Smile
blitzsounds
blitzsounds
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.blitzsounds.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by markyg Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:01 pm

to be fair, i could hear fuck all on stage but the drums and the bass, couldn't hear either guitar and couldn't hear any vocals.. but hey ho, i don't care cos I had a whale of a time!!!
markyg
markyg
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.myspace.com/theblackbelts

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:43 pm

+1 to marky g for getting into the gig ethos

9 gigs in 10 have terrible monitor mix, as long as the engineer nails FOH that'll do me! Smile

sounds like theres been something to build on with this festival so kudo's to all those involved

Rig
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mofo Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:08 pm

Sorry Jamie I'll give you my first degree in music technology because I'm clearly not good enough and your opinion is bible.

Ahh Marky, you should have asked, could have given you a little more, bands seem a bit scared of offending the sound guy at these kinda gigs. I didn't once hear the onstage sound so it's kinda hard to tell what you're hearing. Your guitar amps were pretty loud though, like I said before it made no difference if i muted them, must not have caught you on the way out!

Mofo
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:35 pm

Sounds like it was a great day, sorry I missed it - but then I was offered free beer and food at a friend's bbq, so...

All the PA mix chat is going over my head too, but I can identify with the guitarists that don't like turning down their backline 'cos we got one of those! Surely the FOH mix is what counts though?
Martin
Martin
Groupie
Groupie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciaran Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Mofo wrote:Personally I love a drummer who hits the snare the way Ciaran does.

Woah woah woah when was i brought into this?

Thanks though Embarassed
Ciaran
Ciaran
Admin
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/mbemusic

Back to top Go down

Post by dicko Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:39 pm

I apologise for every thing that happend on Saturday ,...tooo much ,.....tooo late, BUT , many things have been learnt. Already thinking of what to do different next year, many things could have and should have been incorporated, i promise John NO heart attacks planned next time Honest (ish), but i do under-stand how extreamly stressfull all this can be now, & the whole CREW behind this thing have my BIGGEST THANKS ! Not least ALAN MANNING & his guys for getting us the power, feck , my arse was pulsing some what !!!
A BIG WELL DONE TO ALL CONCERNED !!

Peace
dicko
dicko
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Foundry Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:10 pm

Dick, I have to say you have the balls of an elephant mate! And the heart too.

You're a diamond bloke and whatever heart attacks you did give me this year, I still gotta take my hat off to you mate - you worked like a dynamo and if we could bottle a bit of what you've got mate.......

Anyway, nice one.
Sound Foundry
Sound Foundry
Admin
Admin

http://www.thesoundfoundry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by blitzsounds Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:09 am

Mofo wrote:Sorry Jamie I'll give you my first degree in music technology because I'm clearly not good enough and your opinion is bible.

I'm sorry, i thought we were having a civilized conversation not a bitch fest. I'm just talking from weekly experience in venues up and down the country with a variety of well known and unknown bands. Might not have a first degree in Music Technology but experience counts for something just as much. Don't be all high and mighty about your degree mate as if that made you the god of sound you wouldn't have struggled. Now we've got that out of the way am i allowed to have a decent conversation where we may differ in opinion without you bitching? Or is that too much to ask?
blitzsounds
blitzsounds
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mofo Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:11 am

Sorry, bad day again, it's just the way you go on about stuff comes across just a tad arrogant mate. I'm not getting high and mighty just pointing out that just because my opinion differs to yours doesn't mean it's wrong. I didn't struggle with anyones sound at all, all the bands had good FOH sound all day, unless i interrupt the bands flow in between songs and ask them about their monitors there's nothing more than I can do about monitor mixes unless they tell me, most bands just accept that monitors aren't going to be great without a soundcheck anyway.

Mofo
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Dweller Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:14 am

Martin - The Red List wrote:All the PA mix chat is going over my head too, but I can identify with the guitarists that don't like turning down their backline 'cos we got one of those!

I have no formal training but i'm pretty if something's too loud then the industry recognised way of doing it is to just turn EVERYTHING ELSE up? ;-) Laughing

Much kudos to everyone involved in starting this thing up from nothing.
Cave Dweller
Cave Dweller
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.myspace.com/menincaves

Back to top Go down

Post by Mofo Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:15 am

Would've loved to see Men In Caves on the bill on Sat. Still need to get round to finishing your remix!!

Mofo
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Dweller Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:22 am

Mofo wrote:Would've loved to see Men In Caves on the bill on Sat. Still need to get round to finishing your remix!!

ah cheers mofo, we always like playing outdoors. no worries i realise you're a busy man. let us know when its done though am sure it'll be mega.
Cave Dweller
Cave Dweller
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.myspace.com/menincaves

Back to top Go down

Post by Bratby Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:23 am

Cave Dweller wrote:
I have no formal training but i'm pretty if something's too loud then the industry recognised way of doing it is to just turn EVERYTHING ELSE up? ;-) Laughing

Ahhh a man on my level! That is the rule! There are no others and I'm sorry Myke I could of told you this you didn't need to go to London to learn this Wink
Bratby
Bratby
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://bratby.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mofo Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:24 am

I'm aware and much a supporter of this information!

Mofo
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by blitzsounds Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:48 am

Mofo wrote:Sorry, bad day again, it's just the way you go on about stuff comes across just a tad arrogant mate. I'm not getting high and mighty just pointing out that just because my opinion differs to yours doesn't mean it's wrong. I didn't struggle with anyones sound at all, all the bands had good FOH sound all day, unless i interrupt the bands flow in between songs and ask them about their monitors there's nothing more than I can do about monitor mixes unless they tell me, most bands just accept that monitors aren't going to be great without a soundcheck anyway.

No probs and sorry i was a bit snapey back. By all accounts sounds like you did a cracking job on the whole with what sounds like a tough day. No arrogance intended. Just was enjoying the technical chat! Smile
blitzsounds
blitzsounds
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mofo Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:51 am

No worries blud

Mofo
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Icarus Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:46 am

Enjoyed playing this festival. Hats off to all concerned behind the scenes for the efficient running.

Myke, the sound was immense! Didn't have to rely on the monitors as it was blasting from the front of house! Good work, mate. *thumbs up and +1*
Kid Icarus
Kid Icarus
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mofo Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:22 am

Cheers mart Smile

Mofo
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Special K Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:23 am

Bratby wrote:
Cave Dweller wrote:

Ahhh a man on my level! That is the rule! There are no others and I'm sorry Myke I could of told you this you didn't need to go to London to learn this Wink

Agree completely TURN IT UP!
It doesn't feel right unless you can feel the hairs on your arms moving when you stand in front of your amp! Very Happy
Special K
Special K
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mithy DLR Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Sound Foundry wrote:Dick, I have to say you have the balls of an elephant mate! And the heart too.

and for that reason you are not allowed back in the zoo
Mithy DLR
Mithy DLR
Groupie
Groupie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6