Cov Music Scene.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keresley Main Stage Line up!!

+24
noirvendetta
Mofo
Sound Foundry
stereoclass
TillyPhillips
Cave Dweller
Dan Searles
Jigster
loophole
Ciaran
Jim
shackletons
krissy
PocketFerris
Stan_da_man
Idle Dan L
Martin
gaz b
ScholarOfBabylon
Rig
golazarus
Dale Hermit
Electric Slim
Admin
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Topic Keresley Main Stage Line up!!

Post by Admin Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:16 pm

This year there will indeed be TWO stages!!

The main stage line up is now complete but may be subject to some alteration........

Apologies to those who may be disappointed - we've tried our best to get it right and if it's any consolation, it really WAS an incredibly hard choice with so many class acts to choose from.

Anyway, the line up for this year's 'SOUND FOUNDRY TENT'.....

12.50 - 1.20 Stereoclass
1.30 - 2.00 Lunar Kiss
2.10 - 2.40 Pigfinger
2.50 - 3.20 Electric Slim
3.30 - 4.00 Barkerhound
4.10 - 4.40 Charlie Company
4.50 - 5.20 Go Lazarus
5.30 - 6.00 Voodoo Kings
6.10 - 6.40 Men In Caves
6.50 - 7.20 The Pockets
7.30 - 8.00 Idle Playthings
8.10 - 8.40 Fight On The Pier
8.50 - 9.20 Jesus Deluxe
9.30 - 10.00 Echo Empire
10.10 - 10.40 King Hermit
10.50 - 11.35 Black Circus
11.45 - 12.30 Enraged

'THE CREW TENT' alternative stage line up is yet to be confirmed

Can all the bands on the Foundry Tent line up please email their mobile numbers and email addresses to me at...

john@thesoundfoundry.co.uk

Cheers

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://covmusicscene.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Topic Re: Keresley Main Stage Line up!!

Post by Electric Slim Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Great looking line up. You've clearly gone for the tactic of getting the best bands on at the start so people stay Keresley Main Stage Line up!! Icon_lol

Sorry to all those bands left dissappointed.

Lets all club together now to promote this and make it special!
Electric Slim
Electric Slim
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale Hermit Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:17 pm

Black Circus are another class (of cover band) can't wait to get royally fucked and get involved when they're on.

Really flattered with our spot, thanks.
Dale Hermit
Dale Hermit
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

http://www.kinghermit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by golazarus Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Massive thank you for putting us on - looks like a really good line up!

Lets hope the weather holds out! Keresley Main Stage Line up!! Icon_biggrin

And playing at the time we are means that by the time Idle Playthings are on I'll be very very drunken!
golazarus
golazarus
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.myspace.com/golazarus www.golazarus.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:20 pm

awesome, great line up and us sandwiched between Orton and Driver, people would pay good money for that position!

Cheers chaps for sticking us on, we will pimp to the max and more

Rig
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale Hermit Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Who are these people? i'm short on cash right now.
Dale Hermit
Dale Hermit
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by ScholarOfBabylon Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:36 am

Kinda gutted that were not involved this year, guess that we were just not what was wanted this year, can't be because of us having better gigs than every other band playing because most of them will be involved with any big gigs we are. Hope everyone who's playing has a great day anyhow and best of luck with the event.
ScholarOfBabylon
ScholarOfBabylon
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

http://www.reverbnation.com/scholarofbabylon

Back to top Go down

Post by gaz b Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:39 am

nice to see you got 2 cover bands to top off a good line????

what a let down

gaz b
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:36 am

Reubens Martin wrote:Kinda gutted that were not involved this year, guess that we were just not what was wanted this year, can't be because of us having better gigs than every other band playing because most of them will be involved with any big gigs we are. Hope everyone who's playing has a great day anyhow and best of luck with the event.

It wasn't anything to do with you not being wanted this year Martin - I'd watch you guys play in a shed and still enjoy you immensely - one of the best bands around.

We just had so many apply who hadn't played last year that it was felt they should get the shot at it this time.

And Gaz..... sorry the line up hasn't floated your boat mate. Maybe the CREW TENT line up will do the job.......

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:16 am

Shame to miss out (although our band's in general disarray at the minute, so was probably a good decision), but still looks like a cracking day out - I shall be there to enjoy the beer, bands and (probable) sunburn!
Martin
Martin
Groupie
Groupie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale Hermit Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:34 am

gaz b wrote:nice to see you got 2 cover bands to top off a good line????

what a let down

Not really seeing the big picture are you, these two cover bands will draw far more of a crowd to the event than any two extra local unsigned bands can which in turn will not only provide a better crowd for the bands playing, but also help make more money for the event and secure a bigger and better show next year.

Also, at that time the Keresley locals (who the majority of the audience will be) will all be pissed up and merry and they will want some songs they can sing to and dance the night out with.

If this gig was in Coventry centre then I'd agree with you, but it's not, it's in Keresley village and the promoters have an instant barrier with the location and trying to obtain a crowd just to break even (people have to sink their own money into these events, wierd ey?) and topping the bill off with cover bands that every Joe Bloggs will want to see will help them gain the crowd cause believe it or not, Joe Public doesn't give a fuck about local unsigned bands.

Bit of a rant, I understand your point but sometimes these sacrifces have to be made just so these events can happen in the first place, doesn't seem so bad then does it?
Dale Hermit
Dale Hermit
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Idle Dan L Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:22 am

Well I'm really looking forward to playing and seeing all the other bands. As for the cover bands, I've not heard Black circus so I can't really comment on them, but I've only heard good things about Enraged.

Idle Dan L
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.myspace.com/idleplaythings

Back to top Go down

Post by ScholarOfBabylon Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:43 am

Admin wrote:
Reubens Martin wrote:Kinda gutted that were not involved this year, guess that we were just not what was wanted this year, can't be because of us having better gigs than every other band playing because most of them will be involved with any big gigs we are. Hope everyone who's playing has a great day anyhow and best of luck with the event.

It wasn't anything to do with you not being wanted this year Martin - I'd watch you guys play in a shed and still enjoy you immensely - one of the best bands around.

We just had so many apply who hadn't played last year that it was felt they should get the shot at it this time.

And Gaz..... sorry the line up hasn't floated your boat mate. Maybe the CREW TENT line up will do the job.......

No worries, like they say "you can't please everyone", just a bit gutted to miss out was all but i think we'll all be there anyhow just a bit more pissed up than last year as we don't have to stay sobre and all that.
ScholarOfBabylon
ScholarOfBabylon
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

http://www.reverbnation.com/scholarofbabylon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan_da_man Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:59 am

Played with both Enraged and Black Circus. Both very good bands but I sadly have to agree with Gaz, there should be original bands. More to the point I don't think its the line-up stopping people from coming, its the location which is in the middle of no where. Coundon Park would be a better venue IMO.

Good luck to all the bands on the bill. Smile

Stan_da_man
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.twitter.com/TommyStanski

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Slim Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:05 am

Whatever the line-up was going to be, even if you had Hendrix playing, not everyone was going to be happy. Same with where the festival is located. They'll always be people who would have done things differently and are quickly to air their views. Im not knocking them at all, freedom of speech and its just an opinion, but I just wanted to say that not everyone was going to be pleased, the organisers were always going to be criticised, but along with that they need to be thanked for the work they put into it, as they dont have to do it. I know its easy to me to say as we're in the line-up, but i'd like to think i'd be saying this if we weren't. The orgonizers need a pat on the back for their efforts, not needless comments (im not attacking anyone here, just a general point).

It was always going to be a tough job to choose from the applications.

Last edited by Electric Slim on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stan)
Electric Slim
Electric Slim
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan_da_man Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:24 pm

Organisers and criticised mate. Very Happy

Stan_da_man
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.twitter.com/TommyStanski

Back to top Go down

Post by PocketFerris Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:31 pm

feeling CHIPper about this!!.....shame about reubens cane not playing like ,top band!...but haven't seen or heard of alot of these so gonna really enjoy watching some new music and getting wankered with some top mates EE and JD!!...i want to fookin reek at the end of it!! hoorah!!

PocketFerris
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by PocketFerris Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:32 pm

.....oh yea !!...wats the date of it??

PocketFerris
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Sat 10 July mate.

I understand all the comments made and fully understand the obvious disappointment.

I can't however agree that the line up should have been original only. The event is all about LOCAL MUSICIANS original or otherwise.

The overwhelming majority is local original music - there are only 3 cover acts playing the whole event, so I'm sorry that's a 'let down', but I personally don't think it's a big deal.

You could always try Godiva - they're putting on a big festival celebrating Coventry's rich reserve of unsigned talent.

Erm sorry........ that's right..... no they're not.

Keresley Main Stage Line up!! Icon_biggrin Keresley Main Stage Line up!! Icon_biggrin Keresley Main Stage Line up!! Icon_biggrin

Let's just have a great time. After all, if we've got it wrong it's us who'll be picking up the bill, so just enjoy the party.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:22 pm

Admin wrote:
You could always try Godiva - they're putting on a big festival celebrating Coventry's rich reserve of unsigned talent.

haha, kicked in the face more like!

Rig
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Slim Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:19 am

Stan_da_man wrote:Organisers and criticised mate. Very Happy

Stan_THE_man. Mate Laughing
Electric Slim
Electric Slim
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by krissy Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:07 am

Rig wrote:
Admin wrote:

haha, kicked in the face more like!

Ha ha,that's about right!

krissy
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by shackletons Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:29 am

why couldntyou nook a signed act then to headline? x

shackletons
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:52 am

I would think because the organisers are not made of money and the cost of putting on a gig like this would be enough.
Jim
Jim
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:24 am

Yeah. These things are costly enough to put on as it is, so we have to keep our costs down as far as possible - a few dark clouds in the sky can cost a lot of money on their own, so the whole thing is a big risk anyway.

Then there's the cost of getting a reasonably well known (to a broad audience), crowd pulling act that will make their money back and you're looking at festival prices for them anyway. Gets expensive.

We could go for public funding, but then you have to dance to the bullshit PC tune and we are NOT going to be told what this thing should be about.

Anyway, I still maintain there's enough FAR better music going on around these parts that is more deserving of a general public audience than a lot of the shyte we could go and pay 20 grand for - you just got to take it out to the people, and that's what Keresley Festival is doing.

Last year, the feedback from people who have never seen an unsigned local band before was phenomenal.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next