Cov Music Scene.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamworth Battle of the Bands

Go down

Topic Tamworth Battle of the Bands

Post by Rig Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:25 am

dunno if folk round our way know of this competition, or even Tamworth for that matter (down the M42 on the outskirts of Brum)

anyway, they hold an annual BOTB's, not most peoples cuppa i know but the venue is great (Tamworth Assembly Rooms) and they get good crowds and its a way of playing to new folk innit

Seeing as everything cov is now Birmingham friendly i thought i'd give some cov bands the opportunity to enter this who might not know it exists

registration is this saturday and bands who enter get free entry to a gig at the venue (Black Fangs, great band)

its £10 deposit per band and here's the info:

HEAT 1 - FRIDAY 28TH MAY
HEAT 2 - FRIDAY 4TH JUNE
HEAT 3 - FRIDAY 11TH JUNE
HEAT 4 - FRIDAY 18TH JUNE
HEAT 5 - SATURDAY 26TH JUNE
HEAT 6 - FRIDAY 9TH JULY

SEMI FINALS - 16TH/23RD JULY
FINAL - FRIDAY 6TH AUGUST

PLEASE NOTE THIS YEAR THE TICKETS FOR THE FINAL WILL NOT GO ON SALE UNTIL 9.30AM 24TH JULY, AFTER BOTH SEMI FINALS HAVE TAKEN PLACE.

Prizes/sponsors etc will be announced in the forthcoming weeks.

Registration will take place on Saturday April 3rd. There will be Live Bands performing on the night.. details will follow shortly.

Unfortunatley HEAT 4 and HEAT 5(possibly) clash with Englands world cup fixtures. Luckily neither of the heats clash with Scotlands campaign.

Ideal for young Cov bands to get some out of town experience or even older bands wishing to spread their wings in a town close to brum (could help with brum gigs numbers)

theres no selection process, no locality durastrictions and 1st 30 registrants are in, simple as that. i reckon with the quality round these parts a band who took a few over (its part judge/part popularity) could do well

anyways, thought i would share like!

Rig
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down