Cov Music Scene.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keresley Main Stage Line up!!

+24
noirvendetta
Mofo
Sound Foundry
stereoclass
TillyPhillips
Cave Dweller
Dan Searles
Jigster
loophole
Ciaran
Jim
shackletons
krissy
PocketFerris
Stan_da_man
Idle Dan L
Martin
gaz b
ScholarOfBabylon
Rig
golazarus
Dale Hermit
Electric Slim
Admin
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Topic Re: Keresley Main Stage Line up!!

Post by Ciaran Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:23 am

gaz b wrote:nice to see you got 2 cover bands to top off a good line????

what a let down

If its such a let down Gaz we can easily take Glassguns off the recommended list for the Crew Stage that we put together?

Respect the experience of those that have been doing this for a lot longer and with a lot more success than you have mate, its comments like that that divide covers and originals bands in a city where the music scene is already suffering due to such divides.

As Dale said, bigger picture.

On a lighter note really looking forward to this and the addition of 'The Crew' stage should hopefully be a valuable one. My only regret is not being able to play it myself this year.
Ciaran
Ciaran
Admin
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/mbemusic

Back to top Go down

Post by loophole Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:38 am

Hiya - can I put LOOPHOLE in the frame for the festival. Is there a contact for the crew tent ? We really enjoyed playing there last year and hopefully it is as good a festival as it was then.

Cheers

loophole
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jigster Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Taking a sec to re-instate Motherless interest in the Crew stage -

dirty and loud - rocked up tunes and plenty of riffs Keresley Main Stage Line up!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Ta
Jigster
Jigster
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.myspace.com/motherlessmusic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Searles Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:53 pm

I have kept reading the threads about this festival for 2 reasons 1. I like to keep an interest in what my mates back home are doing and 2. because I've found some of the posts very amusing.

The people organising this event have a great deal of experience and really know what they are doing. So to critisise them for their choices is a bit petty and forces them to explain themselves when they shouldn't have to.

The amusing posts have been those who say 'pick me, pick me!' over and over. If you're good enough, you'll be on there, or indeed I think it's fair to let other bands get a slot.

I'm now an outside and impartial observer and wanted to put my 2 pence in on this discussion.
Dan Searles
Dan Searles
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

http://www.dansearles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ScholarOfBabylon Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:22 am

People being disappointed about not getting to play on the day is a compliment to the organizers if anything. How can it be a bad thing that someone is gutted they don't get to be involved, it just says that the event is that good it guts people not to be involved. We're gutted but understand why we didn't get picked to play and we shall all be there anyway as part of the crowd, because we think it will be a great day.
ScholarOfBabylon
ScholarOfBabylon
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

http://www.reverbnation.com/scholarofbabylon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Searles Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:29 pm

And it was for that sole reason Martin that you guys didn't get on due to playign the year before that I added in the line about other bands getting a chance. I have to admit only seeing you guys once before leaving the country, but what I saw i liked.

My statement was more about other bands, ones that I have also seen and really don't deserve a spot in my opinion.
Dan Searles
Dan Searles
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

http://www.dansearles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ScholarOfBabylon Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:48 am

Cheers Dan, i just wanted to get across that we weren't moaning or anything, specially as I'm the only one from the band who has been talking bout this on here. I understand that they wanted to give other people the chance to play this year, like i said to my knowledge all the lads will be going anyway and will just be looking to have a good one this year.
ScholarOfBabylon
ScholarOfBabylon
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Dweller Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:27 am

We're really happy to be playing this as i know a shedload of bands asked to play. Should be an awesome event, especially with two stages now!

I agree that having a few covers bands is actually a smart move.

Anyone know what the entry/camping cost will be for people?
Cave Dweller
Cave Dweller
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.myspace.com/menincaves

Back to top Go down

Post by TillyPhillips Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:53 am

Wooooooooop! Enraged headlining! thats amazing! Theyre amazing! I'm gonna party my ass off!

Keresley Main Stage Line up!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

xXx Tilly xXx
TillyPhillips
TillyPhillips
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:32 am

Lot of unneccessary negativity floating around here about what must've been a painstaking selection process.
My comment was I thought it a good idea we weren't picked (due to internal band stuff) and I'll be there to support/enjoy the event anyway - maybe more should do the same?
Martin
Martin
Groupie
Groupie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jigster Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:37 am

like you're a moral policeman?

it's about opinion, that's what a forum is for
Jigster
Jigster
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.myspace.com/motherlessmusic

Back to top Go down

Post by shackletons Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 am

hang on enraged r a ratm cover band then from leicester?

shackletons
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by ScholarOfBabylon Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:50 am

Hate to nit pick, but it's been niggling at me so i had to check up and see if i was right. Just that the reason given for us not being involved was because we played last year and other bands needed to be given a chance to play. Fair enough i think but this was last years line up :

Re: Keresley Rock Festival - Sat 18th July

Keresley Main Stage Line up!! - Page 2 Empty by Sound
Foundry
on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:56 pm+
----
-

Well, I have the confirmations but as
yet haven't quite finished the running order.

Don't take this as
any kind of order - it's just a list.......

The Crossfires
The
Shards
Lipshock
Just Morale
Fight On The Pier
Loophole
King
Hermit
Black Circus
The Giveaway
Charlie Company
Little
Girl Screaming
MBE
Reubens Cane
Momma's In The Kitchen
Thoria
The
Bellows
Fiori
Love Bites
Russian Gundogs

At least 3 of the bands playing this year played last year, thats a bit of a kick in the teeth really. Why say you wanna give new bands a shot this year when 3 of the ones playing played last year, we can then only deduce that it was either a call on them being better or them being better friends either way it's not nice to be blagged that we didn't get in because we played last year as this shows thats simply not the case. Like i said I'm not complaining, just would like to be told up front and honest like. Anyhow we'll still be there like i said just had to get that out my system or it would have niggled at me. Peace and that.

Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by stereoclass Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:06 pm

Dont really care about why people were/wern't chosen

We are just looking forward to playing !!!!

See u all there!!!!!!!!

STEREOCLASS!!!

stereoclass
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by ScholarOfBabylon Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Well you wouldn't because your involved, it's fine and dandy saying you don't care from the inside looking out. Let's see if you care when it's the other way round and you feel slighted.
ScholarOfBabylon
ScholarOfBabylon
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by stereoclass Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:02 pm

If we wouldent of been involved my opinion wouldent be any different!!!!

I would of said fair enough we dont fit the bill!!

All bands have been picked out for a reason !!

We are just gonna let our music do the talking!!!!!!

stereoclass
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by ScholarOfBabylon Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:20 pm

Yeah the way you put that across is a bit smug to me if I'm honest chap, you got in great, but don't try and make out like your better than all the bands that didn't dude. You kinda pissed me off there, really no need to make out like your band is the shit and all the ones who weren't involved should accept it cuz your so good. We'll see on the day i guess, hope your band can back up your big ass mouth, because i expect you to tear the head off it now, we'll see anyway.
ScholarOfBabylon
ScholarOfBabylon
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by stereoclass Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:12 am

I didnt say we were better than anyone!!! and am not smug at all!! i wont be backing my big ass mouth up as we dont have one !! haha we just wanna play our music so we will get on with that , didnt mean to sound funny dude we dont big ourselves up and claim to be great, we jsut wanna get on with our music.

stereoclass
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Foundry Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:41 am

OK. Martin's right - it DOES look a bit like a kick in the teeth and I apologise for that. It wasn't meant to be a 'slight' to anyone.

There ARE 3 bands who played last year and the reason for this is very simple.

As the people who organise the thing, we put in a lot of time free of charge and the likeliest outcome is that (again) we will make a loss - that's a loss from our own pockets if it goes tits up. We've allowed ourselves the totally selfish 'perk' of taking a couple of slots for totally selfish reasons.....

Dick wanted to put in FOTP because it's his son's band and they have worked tirelessly over the last year to improve. I have been working with them for 6 months and one or two things are starting to happen.

I put in Charlie Company because having put on literally thousands of gigs for other bands I thought it would be nice just once to actually get to play one myself (I wasn't in the band last year)

WE collectively put the Hermits in a good night-time slot by way of expressing our gratitude to Dale for all his efforts over this and other events. He didn't find out until the line up was posted.

Over the Foundry Stage, Crew Stage and Acoustic Stage, there will be somewhere around 42 acts throughout the day. We didn't think it would hurt to have 3 for ourselves seeing as we don't get anything else out of it.

I apologise if anyone's offended by it or feels cheated - that wasn't the intention. We've tried to be as fair as we can be with what has been an incredibly hard choice of line up.

Nothing has been decided on 'who's better than who' - there are many bands who I rate very very highly (particularly the likes of Reubens Cane who I think are amazing) who aren't on the line up.

I hope nobody will show any resentment to the 3 bands concerned because it's not their fault - it's OURS. They just want to play music like the rest of you.

Finally, please remember that this is a local festival for local bands. Instead of sitting around moaning about how Coventry & Warwickshire doesn't showcase its wealth of local music talent, we've got up and DONE something so that people CAN see and appreciate the incredible creativity you lot tirelessly devote yourselves to. It's not Glastonbury, but right now it's pretty much all we've got round here.

Help us make this thing work for you by giving us your support and above all your positivity - if we can make this work, you'll all get the opportunity to play at some time or another.
Sound Foundry
Sound Foundry
Admin
Admin

http://www.thesoundfoundry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ScholarOfBabylon Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:35 pm

I only brought it up because it would have bugged me to say nothing at all, have absolutely no issue with the bands from last year getting to play again or even that we're missing out to be honest. Just like to know what the crack is and that, I'm a stickler for getting all the info and knowing whats going on.
ScholarOfBabylon
ScholarOfBabylon
Scene-ster
Scene-ster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Foundry Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:10 pm

That's no problem Martin - I have no argument at all with plain honesty
Sound Foundry
Sound Foundry
Admin
Admin

http://www.thesoundfoundry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mofo Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:20 am

This reminds me of the early Covstock days with line ups and that. It's much better when bands have to apply to an email address rather than posting on a forum for everyone to see. For me the promoters don't need to justify why they have chosen the line ups and if people do feel upset by it they can email them privately. There's nothing worse than seeing it all in public.

Hopefully this will be a good day. If I was involved I wouldn't be thinking about two stages just yet though, I'd get the previous years formula right first before spending twice the cash and hoping more people turn up. It's only a matter of time before the weather doesn't go in favour of an event like this and someone will end up losing a lot of money, something that I'd hate to see happen as I know that pain only too well.

Mofo
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:25 am

Jigster wrote:like you're a moral policeman?

it's about opinion, that's what a forum is for

Knobjockey - just an opinion Keresley Main Stage Line up!! - Page 2 Icon_wink
Martin
Martin
Groupie
Groupie

Back to top Go down

Post by noirvendetta Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:14 pm

Drat.

We didn't make the cut.

Dagnammit.
noirvendetta
noirvendetta
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

http://www.myspace.com/noirvendettaband

Back to top Go down

Post by Mofo Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Just to clear up I'm not having a go or pointing fingers at anyone. Reubens should be safe in the knowledge that it's nothing to do with their ability as a band. They're clearly one of the best around with probably the best vocalist also. Shame they won't be playing but I'm sure they'll be at Godiva at least this year easily.

Mofo
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next